Ellen Vaughan., Ph.D.
Ph.D. University of Miami
M.A. University of Colorado
B.A. University of Montana
I completed a National Institute on Drug Abuse funded post-doctoral fellowship in substance abuse prevention research at Yale University School of Medicine in 2008. My research interests include cultural differences and substance use among Latino adolescents and emerging adults. I am also interested in the substance use behaviors and consequences among college students.
- Maffini, C., Vaughan, E. L., Wong, Y. J. (in press). Life transitions and smoking among Asian Americans.Asian American Journal of Psychology.
- Vaughan, E. L., Chang , T. K., Escobar, O. S. de Dios, M. A. (in press). Enrollment in Hispanic serving institutions as a moderator of the relationship between drinking norms and quantity of alcohol use among Hispanic college students. Substance Abuse.
- Vaughan, E. L., Gassman, R. A., Jun, M. K., Seitz de Martinez, B. J. (in press).Gender differences in risk and protective factors for alcohol use and risk for substance use problems among Hispanic adolescents. Journal of Child Adolescent Substance Abuse
- Cano, M. A., Vaughan, E. L., de Dios, M. A., Castro, Y. Roncancio, A. M. Ojeda, L. (in press). Alcohol use severity among Hispanic emerging adults in higher education: Understanding the effect of cultural congruity. Substance Use and Misuse.
- Waldron, M., Vaughan, E. L., Bucholz, K. K., Lynsky, M.L., Sartor, C.E., Duncan, A. E., Madden, P. A. F., Health, A. C. (2014). Risks for Early Substance Involvement Associated with Parental Alcoholism and Parental Separation in an Adolescent Female Cohort. Drug and Alcohol Dependence,138, 130-136.
- Vaughan E. L., Wong, Y. J. Middendorf, K. G. (2014). Gender roles and binge drinking among Latino emerging adults. Psychology of Addictive Behaviors, 28, 716-726.
- Vaughan E. L., Robbins, M., Escobar, O. S. (2014). Demographic, mental health and physical health predictors of drinking among Latino older adults. Journal of Latina/o Pyschology,2, 214-223
- Wong, Y. J., Vaughan, E. L., Liu, T., Chang, T. K. (2014). Asian Americans proportion of life in the United States and suicide ideation: The moderating effects of ethnicity. Asian American Journal of Psychology, 5, 237-242.